Software engineering can be divided into two words software and engineering. Software is a program used for the computational purposes, collection of the executable program with associated liabilities and documentation. Generally, it has been said it has a requirement that is particular, fixed and specific is called a software product.
Engineering, on the other hand, is all about developing product s using products scientific principles and methods.
Adding to both words, now we come to know that software engineering is a branch associated with the development of software products using scientific principles, methods, and procedures whereas the outcome of this is an efficient and reliable software product.
- System Analyze
- System Design
- Code Design
A Strict Definition of Software Engineering
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers defines it is an application of a structured, regulated, quantitative approach for the development of software.
- Software engineering is the process of obtaining software with the use of its principles which is consistent and efficiently good working on real machines.
E-Type Software Evolution
- It has to adapt changes otherwise it becomes progressively less useful
- This software evolves its complexity to increase unless work is done to maintain or reduce it.
- The similarities of this software should have an approach of how, when, why it was developed in that manner and other things must be seen to retain the cost or change in the system
- In E-type system solving of business problems, its size, the structure depends upon the implementation of lifestyle changes of business
- An E-type software system declines in quality unless rigorously maintained and adapted to a changing operational environment
- This software constitutes of multi-loop and multi-level feedback system which is treated be successfully implemented or improved
- The Electronic type evolution Processes the self-regulating distribution of product.
The Need For Software Engineering
- The demand for the rate of change in the environment in which software is working indicates that user requirement and environment arises the need for software engineering.
- It is indeed easier to build a wall than a house or building, so as the size of software large and as to step to growing in a scientific process
- Based on concepts of scientific engineering it is clear that it is easier to re-correct than to scale an existing one
- The price of computers and hardware has dropped down because the software industry has shown its skills, as its cost remains high due to no change in the process of adaptation.
- Hardware has adapted the nature of change in an environment wherein the user shows the interest to work as the nature of software always adapts new changes, so enhancements to be done in the existing one. Hence that is why software plays a good job.
- Software engineering is a process of software development where it provides a product of better quality.
Software Development Life Cycle
- Requirement gathering
- Feasibility study
- System analysis
- Software Design